http://pets.blog.my Rotating Header Image

How do I know if my dog is allergic to peanut butter?

3 Comments

  1. Bob says:

    Call and ask your vet this question. I doubt your dog is allergic to it; never heard of such a thing, but if you’re afraid – call and ask..

  2. anGeL says:

    You will never be able to know if your dog is allergic to something until he or she eats it

    Dogs in general aren’t allergic to it. I give my dogs PB. Your specific dog might have allergies to it though. I suspect that it can cause problems with allergic reactions in dogs, just like it does in people, but that would not be a common problem and if you have no reason to suspect it occurs, it probably doesn’t.

    If your dog has a weight problem, you would have to subtract the calories it provides from other food or treat items that you give during the day.

    The usual dosage range for diphenhydramine, when used for allergies, is 25 to 50mg once or twice a day. Some vets use 1mg/lb of body weight. Using 25mg four times a day would be acceptable, because it is within the daily dosing limit.

    #

    Take her to a vet as well.

    Symptoms for allergies:

    http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Sick_Dog…
    http://www.doctordog.com/DrdogNewsletter…
    http://www.peteducation.com/category.cfm…

  3. Gigi Goldie says:

    The same with most people who do not know until they try it sadly.

    To be on the safe side give her a very small about and see first how she reacts in 24 hours, then if nothing happens you are good to go.

    Peanut butter should be kept in limited amounts, even if being used as a treat as has a very high fat content

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

 
  • Subscribe via RSS