How can I tell how much my puppy will weigh full grown?

1. cindy m says:

This chart is only a guideline, all puppies are different.
    Age/month………………..Adult Weight
    1…………………..10%
    2…………………..20%
    3…………………..33%
    4……………………50%
    5……………………67%
    6…………………….83%

Hope this helps!

2. jessielamont17 says:

you can’t but looking at the parent will give you an idea

3. yarmiah says:

The size is estimated based on the pedigree of the dog. The size of the mom and dad are best to determine how big he/she will get.

4. Tiny Dogs are Love says:

He sounds like he will turn out to be 6 lbs.

For an estimate on how much a small breed puppy will weigh full grown, take the age at 12 wks. (3 months) and double it.

5. Baa_Baa_Blacksheep says:

You can’t. I think most vets go off the breeds. If the parents are only five pounds (and adults) then he should be around 5 lbs. Sounds like a toy or mini poodle (both different breeds). Check them out at AKC.org.
    If you are buying stuff like a plastic crate, I would buy one that would support the heaviest he could get (so around 10lbs maybe)

6. Cassie says:

I would check out the AKC (assuming your pup is a purebred) website and read about the breed to see the listed weight for an adult dog. That’s the most accurate way I would suggest. His parents should be a good clue as to how big he’ll get. I think veterinarians simply have a good idea of the different breed characteristics so that way they can estimate for you.

7. Rayven Wolf says:

teacup or toy? toys should be around 6-9lbs when full grown and teacups well teacups are just undersized dogs

8. Nikki and the Chi Unit says:

Here is the poodle growth chart:
    Look for the age of your dog, then the weight of your dog, then go to the bottom of the chart to see the estimated full growth weight

9. lilcslilhottie says:

it really depends if he was the runt or not he might be like his mother and father it just depends or he might be smaller you never really know…

i have a 7month male chihuahua and he is 3.3lbs and hes mother was 4 lbs and his father im not sure about really… but he was the runt of the litter and no one wanted him so i took him…. my female chihuahua is 6lbs….