Is it ok for my dogs to eat stale tortilla chips?

1. ceejay24 says:

Feeding your dogs a few chips a day is probably not a big deal, however, corn and wheat cause allergies in many dogs and should usually be avoided. Dogs are not made to eat a lot of carbohydrates and excess carbs makes them obese. Better to feed them some protein for treats like leftover hamburger, steak, even some fish. I would just toss the chips.

2. aveohhr says:

dont feed him that how would you like that for you no right so dont give those to him.

3. Kaysey says:

I wouldn’t do it, for the simple fact that it’s not nutritious for the dog.

4. RottyOwner says:

Dog’s aren’t supposed to have ANY human food (stale or not). Sorry dude, but you’re gonna have 2 throw the dang chips away.

5. Bonzie12 says:

No throw them away. Dogs can’t digest corn very well so not a good idea.

6. Erika says:

I make it a habit not to give too much human food to my dogs. Our dogs usually only get pizza crusts when we have pizza. I would give mine a few chips, but not the whole bag.

7. Love My Porkie says:

I GIVE MY DOGS WHATEVER IF THEY WILL EAT IT THEN THERE IS MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!

8. laurel l says:

9. monica k says:

A couple is just fine, just don’t give them more then like 10. My parents give human food to my dogs all the time and nothing happens, so I think its fine.

10. Emily D says:

I wouldnt give him/her any food that you would normally eat, you dont want them getting used to the smell and looking to graze everytime you are eating.

On the other hand, if you don’t mind this then its probably fine to give to them, however you run the risk of them getting a bit chubbier, dogs should ideally be given only what is suitable for them and I dont think chips fall under that category.

I wouldn’t do it, but at the end of the day, everything considered, its completely up to you. The dog will soon tell you if they don’t like them! Good luck

11. Starving Artist says:

i wouldn’t think they would like that nor is it healthy-corn not good for dogs

12. Shaniqua says:

I think tortilla chips should be fine for your dog to eat, but I would not suggest purposefully feeding them to him or her.

13. Jade says:

Give him a couple that’s it.

14. catluver says: